Services of the unit
The unit acts as a link among the six ICTP projects at the university level (Network - Management Information Systems - Training - Digital Library - e-Learning - Digital Portal) and between the College of Engineering. The following is a brief description of each project.
First University Networks Project:
This project is the backbone of several other projects at the university level, such as the development of administrative information systems and decision support, the development of e-learning systems as well as the project of setting up an electronic and digital library as well as the development of human resources in the field of ICT.
Services provided by the project:
1. Wireless and wired internet connection
2. Maintenance of computers at the university
3. Maintenance of network failures
4. Copy the original software
5. Video conferencing work
6. Making special networks to take advantage of some devices such as the printer.
7. Apply a domain system to all university faculties and departments.
Second: e-learning project:
One of the modern types of education, we aim to produce and implement a number of electronic courses to be available for students through the Internet so that they can be accessed without time and space, saving time and effort for students and raising the efficiency of the educational process.
Advantages of e-learning for faculty Members:
• The members of the teaching staff received an amount of 8000 thousand pounds in exchange for the production of converting the paper course to an electronic course.
• Interaction with the students in the course in which the student can converse with the faculty member online.
• E-learning allows the possibility of virtual experiences that are difficult to do in reality.
• E-learning enables a faculty member to evaluate students through a bank of questions that he or she sets for students.
• Exceeding space and time constraints in the educational process.
• Providing assessment tools that allow the faculty member to know the progress of the learner.
• The ease and multiplicity of ways to evaluate student development.